The Educational Publisher of the Year survey is used to determine who wins the Publisher of the Year Award at the Educational Publishing Awards Australia and it gathers valuable information for those publishers who choose to participate.
The Publisher of the Year Awards (Primary and Secondary) are two of the most esteemed awards as they’re voted on by teachers, librarians and educational retailers, and focus on product quality, field services, company services, marketing and innovation.
A survey is sent to these contacts by the Australian Publishers Association. They are asked to rate and provide feedback on publishing companies who have opted in to be featured in the survey.
The winners of the award are determined by the average rating that publishers get on those scores. The survey is set up so that respondents are only asked to rate publishers whose products or services they are familiar with, and because the winners are determined by their average rating, any publisher can win (subject to minimum number of responses).
After the winners are determined, each participating APA member is provided with a report which details:
- Individual results alongside the highest and lowest scores for the other participating publishers
- Respondents’ overall satisfaction with industry services and products
- Demographics split by primary and secondary schools.
Educational publishers: make sure you register for this opportunity!
We ask that each participating publisher shares the survey with their customers and connections to maximise response rates.
Register your interest in participating.
*any educational publisher is welcome to enter the survey and potentially win Publisher of the Year, but to receive the full report you must be an APA member. Non-members of the APA incur a fee to participate. Join as an APA member.
POTY Survey Information for Publishers
To participate in this data-gathering exercise, please register using this form.
- Participation in the Publisher of the Year survey is free for APA members.
- Receive an industry-specific report, focusing on the analysis of feedback from the consumers.
- Any Australian educational publisher is welcome to register to participate in the Publisher of the Year survey.
- If you’re not an APA-member, the fee is $150.00 to participate in the survey.
- If you are not a member, you do not receive the feedback report, but anyone can win.
- Educational publishers can become a member of the APA, and then participate in the survey here.
POTY Survey Information for Teachers
The Publisher of the Year survey is an opportunity to provide feedback to publishers on the service and resources they make in order to improve outcomes for student learning.
The Educational Publisher of the Year survey is used to determine who wins the Publisher of the Year Award at the Educational Publishing Awards Australia.
Educational publishers opt in to be a participant in the survey. If there’s a publisher you think should participate, please let us know who they are, via firstname.lastname@example.org; and we encourage you to also suggest they participate.
The survey asks teachers, librarians and educational retailers to provide feedback on product quality, field services, company services, marketing and innovation.
Everyone who completes the survey goes in the draw to win a $500 gift card or one of three book prize packs.