Insight Science Stage 4-5 (Second Edition)
Melinda Mestre, Lily Okati, Timothy Sloane et al.
*Oxford Insight Science for NSW 2E* provides a clear pathway to Stage 6 success across a range of rigorous, accessible and engaging Student books, Skills and activity books and digital resources. The series provides a scaffolded approach to skill development in Stages 4 and 5 and offers unparalleled assessment support for students of all abilities.
*Oxford Insight Science for NSW 2E* offers complete syllabus coverage and has been revised to feature the most up-to-date case studies and scientific concepts, with an explicit focus on the development of scientific skills.
* **Staged books** follow syllabus structure, making it easy to teach in any order that suits your classroom
* **NSW-specific examples** encourage real world application of key concepts and skills
* **An easy-to-navigate spread-based layout** facilitates incremental learning
* **Clear, accessible, instructional language and engaging visuals** capture student interest an motivate student-directed inquiry
* **Check your learning** questions review student progress and provide opportunities for extension
* **Skill builder** questions are scaffolded to develop key science skills from the syllabus
* **Key science activities** signposted at the point of learning direct students to: practical Investigations with an aim, method and results; Skills lab activities that teach a specific skill; Challenge activities encourage thinking outside of the box
* **Chapter reviews** assess student understanding, encourage reflection and suggest research projects
* **Margin glossary definitions** provide clarification of key terms at the point of learning
* **Working scientifically** chapter teaches and clarifies key science skills throughout each Stage
* **Student research project** chapter provides guidance and support for the research project
Oxford University Press has operated in Australia and New Zealand since 1908. We publish learning materials for primary, secondary and higher education students, including an extensive range of dictionaries. At Oxford University Press we have a clear mission which informs everything we do: to create world-class academic and educational resources and services, and to make them available across the world. We share the University’s uncompromising standards, de ning qualities, and belief in the transformative power of education to inpsire progress and realise human potential.