Australian Curriculum Geography (revised edition)
Australian Curriculum Geography (revised edition) is designed to complement the teaching of geography in the national curriculum for students aged 5 to 12. Newly revised, this series is now better than ever and contains even more elements for teachers to utilise.
• A text or representation introduces each topic to support the Geographical Knowledge and Understanding strand.
• Activities to investigate the key inquiry questions, using the geographical and inquiry skills expected at each year level.
• Differentiation for students requiring more support or extension, and additional activities to extend the learning of each lesson.
• Provides the framework for investigating the geography of Australia, its neighbours and the rest of the world on a local, regional, national and international scale.
• Each book contains access to a bonus teacher planner containing a scope and sequence of unit content that is mapped to the Australian Curriculum, NSW syllabus, and Victorian and WA curriculums. It can be used to plan and track when content is covered, and record comments for each lesson.
Australian Curriculum Geography (Revised Edition) comprehensively covers the geography curriculum for students across all years of primary school. Each full-colour student book is fun and engaging, and provides a framework for investigating the key inquiry questions. The inclusion of differentiated activities ensures that students at all levels have opportunities to access information and develop their knowledge and understanding. The bonus digital term planner, mapped to the Australian Curriculum, NSW Syllabus, and Victorian and WA Curricula, is a valuable tool for teachers.
Starting in a backyard shed, three teachers ‘had a go’ at creating some resources that they thought were more relevant to teachers than what was available. Today, R.I.C. Publications is the largest supplementary resource publisher in Australia, and owns operations in the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Malaysia and New Zealand. A lot has happened over the years and the products we are proud of today bear little semblance to those produced in 1986. What we are pleased to say, however, is that the ground rules that applied then still exist today—we look to solve problems and challenges that teachers encounter in the classroom. This remains the fundamental premise that underpins our decision-making at all levels and will always remain so.